Saturday, September 05, 2009

More Wildlife Assistance Information

From the top of Risinghill:

A great place for an assortment of seeds is Red Barn Feed; their price on wild bird and nyjer seeds beats Petco. Also, Walmart has really good prices on birdseed.

I have seen several deer up here, grey squirrels, chipmunks, a rabbit, quail, blue and scrub jays, some woodpeckers, and assorted birds. I have food out and will continue to do so. I also set the 'shower' sprinkler on in the mornings and evenings as the birds love to run through it. I've got several bowls of water set out which the deer are definitely taking advantage of. As a former Audubon Society employee, I'm contacting them this week to see if there is any way they can send bird food our way. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the info! I have a fig tree that the deers like. I did not think to put out water for them. I will do that.
I will also try Red Barn Feed since I just put up bird feeders.