Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Messing with Mailboxes Continues

Two Meadows neighbors, one as recently as this morning, have reported that mail continues to be taken out of mailboxes.

This morning, one neighbor found mail from addresses on Gravelia, Risinghill and lower Canyon Crest.  The mail was postmarked from May 4 through May 7.

He also reported that he saw additional mail tossed down in the canyon off Canyon Crest but couldn't retrieve it.  The mail is being delivered back to the post office.

All incidents have been reported to the Sheriff and post office.

It's unknown what time of day this is happening, but since our mail is delivered in the afternoon, the thief must be coming sometime after that and into the evening.

It's suggested that we all keep a more diligent eye on the neighborhood in the evening hours and report any suspicious activity to the Sheriff and post office.

Also, neighbors may want to take their mail in earlier.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It might be nice if neighbors could hand deliver mail found in their yard to the correct home, instead of returning it to post office. I put a pile of mail for Lincoln Ave that I found in my yard back into my mail box with the flag up - and the mail man left it there. I took it to the home on Lincoln the next day. I am not having much faith in the postal service of the sheriff to solve this one for us. Very disconcerting. jane S

Anonymous said...

As stated in an earlier post, I saw a caucasian or light skinned male with dark red hair and sideburns reach in three adjacent mailboxes on lower Canyon Crest. He was driving a dark blue Toyota sedan or coupe, with dark tinted windows. These mailboxes have been hit almost every day. I would stakeout the mailboxes, but I get up at 4am for work. I saw the individual at around 7pm, and he was headed down from the Meadows. Hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

i also saw this red headed guy heading out of the meadows. he isn't someone i recognize but i didn't see him take any mail.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post. I didn't receive some mail last month, mainly my last mortgage statement. I know the payment, but it freaked me out a bit. Now I know...
Andy