Saturday, May 02, 2009

Big Bear in my Back Yard!

At 9:00 p.m. last night, Friday, my security lights turned on at the walkway behind my house and the brush. I looked out my windows to the patio and expected to see the typical raccoon or cat. Instead, a very large shadow appeared and then a beautiful and very large bear. It was literally 10 feet from my patio doors and had to weigh over 400 pounds.

I grabbed my camera and turned on the patio lights, but it was gone. I assumed it went into the brush, but the neighbor to the South of me on El Prieto said that it turned over his trash cans at around 9:30 p.m.

While it was thrilling to see, it's also a bit unnerving that it was so close to my house and also that it was early in the evening.

A little while later, I could hear neighbors' voices in the area. For anyone reading this, please let folks know that it is out and about and to take precautions.

No comments: