Monday, February 25, 2008

Important Meeting Tuesday Night

For anyone who has not seen the email or received the flier:

A meeting will be held tomorrow night, Tuesday, at 7:00 p.m. at Loma Alta Park (the community building on Lincoln) to address the recent issue regarding the group home of sexual predators that has taken residence at 4455 Risinghill Road.

Please know that many of us are meeting and forming plans to reject this type of housing in The Meadows. This is a serious issue. Six men convicted of being sexual predators with convictions against minors are being housed at this location, with no notice to the community.

This is unacceptable given we are an isolated community filled with children and located adjacent to the forest. Bottom line, we will not tolerate this type of group home.

Please join us at the meeting at the park to express your opinion.

1 comment:

Lisa Conner said...

My name is Lisa Conner and my husband Casey and I attended last night's meeting. This is the first meeting since we moved here in October that we have been able to attend. I'm so sad that it had to be under these circumstances. I felt a mixture of emotions after attending this meeting. In listening to the panel I felt frustrated and a little hopeless. I'm sure all of them would be so happy if we just let this all be so that didn't have to deal with this. But, though we haven't lived here very long I felt a tremendous amount of pride for being a resident of The Meadows. This community is so amazing and we are so happy to be a part of it. We came from Sierra Madre which is also a wonderful community but I never felt the amazing sense of community that I do here. Listening to the residents get up and speak I really feel that we can get these men out of here. I made lots of calls today. No one, of course, was answering their phone and Vanessa Johnson's phone number is "temporarily unavailable" but I will keep at it. If someone could post the ownwer's phone # I will start calling him too. I would also be more than happy to picket his house or place of business.
Thank you
Lisa