Monday, October 23, 2006

One More Animal Story


This story is a bit sad. Last night I found a small coyote laying near my pond. He was having a problem standing up and I thought his back legs might have been injured. After a couple of attempts, it was clear that his legs were okay, but he couldn't stay standing. I concluded that he may have fallen down the hill.

I had to call Animal Control to see if they could help. He curled up in a ball. I brought water to him, petted him and tried to create a safe environment. Animal Control came at 12:30 a.m. After checking him, the officer saw blood coming from his nose. By this time he was quite listless.

I've included this picture of him as he was a truly beautiful animal. And although tragic, the experience was peaceful and giving as only nature can demonstrate.

No comments: