Thursday, June 10, 2010

Brush Clearance Begins

Brush clearance and fuel reduction performed under the 2010 Meadows FireSafe grant began today.

The crews began at the top of Risinghill.  They will continue through the neck of land towards El Prieto and then return to the east side of Risinghill.  It is expected to take 12-15 calendar days and will begin at 7:00 a.m. each morning.

The crews mentioned that their work may stir some rattlesnakes causing them to relocate.  Meadows residents should be cautious.

1 comment:

MaryEllen said...

I just want to say what an amazing, wonderful group of people our Fire Council is. I had a wildlife emergency happening behind my house in the brush clearance area yesterday, and they redirected the work crews to another area so I could solve the problem. I REALLY appreciate the effort and logistics involved in them being able to make a last-minute change to the schedule and protect our wildlife. You guys ROCK!